You seem pretty sassy. Be the voice behind ohne?
ohne is the community-first brand reshaping the way people experience their menstrual cycles whilst providing a hyper-personalised subscription service to deliver products for the entire menstrual cycle.
Techstars ’19 alumni, ohne is a small but rapidly growing team and we’re looking for a full-time in-house Copy and Content Manager.
ohne has bases in both London and Lisbon. Given the current situation, this role will be remote to start with and would ideally be located in Lisbon either now or post the chaos of COVID-19. However, for the right person, we’re willing to be flexible on location and remote working!
About the role
You’ll be taking the lead on all aspects of copy and content to create an engaging voice and story, whilst working closely with cross-functional team members to ensure brand consistency across the board. Being a phenomenal storyteller is a must, as is having outstanding writing and editing skills. You should be comfortable working within brand guidelines and know how to strategically plan engaging content to grow a variety of channels, including social, email and web.
As a team we work hard, and I mean really hard. We’re passionate, dedicated, and committed to making ohne the best it can be for our community – and we have a lot of fun doing it. Want to join us?
The role will be varied, but your responsibilities will require you to:
- Define the ohne tone of voice and write original copy across all relevant digital platforms. This includes, but is not limited to, PPC, social (both brands channels and paid ads), blog, email.
- Curate, write (and occasionally commission) editorial website content whilst striving to constantly optimise through data analytics and search engine marketing (both on new content as well as pre-published copy).
- Be tuned into the world of content to be able to expertly curate our bi-weekly newsletter, pulling from a diverse range of outlets and publications.
- Head up all required content and copy for new products (to include their packaging, educational information, press releases and interviews etc).
- Work with the team to create strategies on how to grow a variety of channels, including social, email and web.
- Work in partnership with the marketing team on new creative campaigns, generating original concepts and taglines.
- You have a genuine desire to create positive change in the world and an interest in the space we operate.
- You have a meticulous eye for detail and are eager to ensure consistency of the brand voice and its messaging.
- Your communication and storytelling skills are on fire 🔥
- You bring ideas to the table and aren’t afraid to get things wrong. We value your ideas and your creativity. We value that you’re pushing boundaries even if the ideas are ones we can’t action.
- You’re a self-starter and have exceptional time management skills. We’ll never be micro-managing you.
- You’re eager to learn. Whether that’s keeping up to date in the ever-changing digital world to ensure ohne remains top of the game or taking courses to immerse yourself in the areas that ohne values, you’re always looking to further yourself.
- You’re uniquely you. We value diversity and you should too.
- 2+ years of professional copywriting, ideally full time in-house with a brand or creative/ advertising agency.
- Experience in brand copywriting with a focus on performance.
- Writing experience across multiple channels including web, social media and email, and a portfolio to demonstrate this.
Next steps: We’d love to know more about you, so we need three things. Send us an email (ideally in the ohne voice) with a catchy subject line too and attach:
- Your CV.
- A link to something you’ve created that showcases your writing skills. This can be your portfolio, your blog or something else you’re proud of.
- A 2 minute video – we want to know a little more about you! Tell us who you are, where you’re based, what you love, and why you love to be creative. Add to YouTube, set it as “unlisted” so that nobody else has access to it and send us the link in your application. (We know making videos for job applications can suck, so we’ll never judge you for the glass of wine in the background or some unavoidable background noise! Just have fun with it.)
Send the above to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 8th November 2020
ohne is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status. We encourage applicants from marginalised communities and people who identify across the gender spectrum – uterus or not uterus, periods or no periods. All that matters is your passion.