This is your opportunity to join our passionate team as the Head of Finance at ohne.
Who are we?
We’re Leah and Nikki, ohne founders and best friends since our university days. We decided that people who bleed deserved better from period product brands – so we created it ourselves.
With a small, unbelievably hard working team, we’re growing rapidly. The entire team are given autonomy and a whole load of responsibility too, where we work to aggressive goals. With a passionate and highly engaged customer base and have seen a 30% MOM growth since launch. It’s time that we expand once again to hire our first full time, in house team member in the finance department.
What’s the work like?
As ohne continues to grow & launch new products, we are looking for an analytical problem-solver; someone who has the confidence and experience to lead forecasting and finance across the business. The right person will have an eye for detail and passion for delivering excellence.
This is the perfect opportunity for anyone wanting to help drive a rapidly growing start-up, with the possibility to move into Head of Finance as complexity within the business grows.
Own finance, with some ops support
– Process the day-to-day accounting operations, including transactions related to the general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, etc
– Own weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements (maintaining detailed supporting working papers) and use these to create in depth reports.
– Manage and improve the month-end close process to provide timely and accurate financial information for management, board, and external reporting
– Manage, coordinate and file all VAT returns, statutory accounts, etc (or liaise with an accountant to do so)
– Lead on the preparation of monthly and annual operating budgets and cash management models, and provide ongoing tracking against plans
– Forecast demand requirements, managing inventory and tracking consumption of incoming material for all orders
Dive into fundraising
– Develop financing plans as required and work with the CEO and other directors to implement
– Support during investment rounds, providing both strategic support as well as all required documentation
– Update financial plans and models to reflect business growth and trends
– Tell stories with data: draw actionable insights that inform our financial projections and performance evaluations
– Be proactive in spotting margin improvements and other ways to enhance performance
– Offer strategic decisions for areas of improvement, backed with financial insights
– Proactively review procedures and seek ways to improve them via implementation of new tools, systems, and processes
– Be constantly on the lookout for grants or schemes that ohne may be eligible for, and oversee the application process for these
Still interested? What skills/requirements are we looking for?
– Through and through, you’re a team player
– Data driven with a strong analytical toolkit
– Strong hands-on commercial approach with experience in subscription businesses. Experience in supply chain/ manufacturing/ distributing products/ physical products/ ecommerce is a plus too!
– Track record of building businesses and strategic leadership
– Outstanding influencing and presentational skills
– Highly organised time management
– Ideally experience of raising finance in various forms
– Ideally a qualified accountant or MBA
– You spot opportunities.
– You understand the power of connections.
– You share our values.
– You’re always striving for better.
– You understand our market.
– You’re not afraid to speak up.
– You get things done.
We highly value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status but rather, we are committed to ensuring that the ohne team is both diverse and inclusive. We will always be a trans-inclusive period brand. Uterus or no uterus, periods or no periods, we’re eager to hear from you. All that matters is your passion.
Sound like you’d fit perfectly in the ohne team?
How do I apply?
Upload your CV and answer a few questions for us via our typeform.
Application deadline: Tuesday 4th August, 11.59PM.
We apologise but cannot accept any applications after this date.