You’re perfect. Be ohne’s creative designer?
ohne is the community-first brand reshaping the way people experience their menstrual cycles.
ohne is the hyper-personalised subscription service delivering products for the entire menstrual cycle. Techstars ’19 alumni, ohne is a small but rapidly growing team and we’re looking for a full time in-house creative lead.
ohne has bases in both London and Lisbon. Given the current situation, this role will be remote to start with and would ideally be located in Lisbon post-COVID-19. However, for the right person, we’re willing to be flexible on loaction and remote working! You’ll be taking the lead on all aspects of design, whilst working closely with cross-functional team members to ensure visual brand consistency across the board.
As a team we work hard, and I mean really hard. We’re passionate, dedicated, and committed to making ohne the best it can be for our community – and we have a lot of fun doing it. Want to join us?
The role will be varied, but tasks will include:
- Designing email templates and updating visuals on a weekly basis.
- Heading up campaign creatives.
- Creating animations to be used across socials, as well as creating and editing short videos.
- Re-branding packaging or designing new product packaging and adding these to templates ready for print.
- Creating visuals for out of home advertising.
- Creatively exploring paid ads, following trends and learning about what works, in order to create effective visual adverts for ohne.
- Designing brochures or flyers, and finishing these to a print-ready standard.
- Creating visuals for the website.
- Designing our social feed.
- Coming up with new creative ideas, and pitching these to the team before taking the lead on any visual assets required.
- Ensuring that all visual content remains within brand guidelines.
- Learning new skills, and keeping up to date with current trends.
- You nail creative ideas. You live for thinking outside the box and finding innovative ways to execute your ideas.
- You’re a pro at Adobe CC: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Premier Pro – bonus points if you can use After Effects as well. (Bonus points tripled if you’re using Sketch or Cinema 4D too.)
- You’re confident in producing work for both digital and print use (from print-ready product packaging and event flyers, to Facebook Ads and email templates. We would love to see as much cross media work as you can show in your portfolio.
- You’re colour-savvy. Understand colour processes for both print and digital mediums.
- You’re unimaginably creative and you’re comfortable pushing boundaries to breaking point.
- You make mistakes. We’re not talking about typos or pixelated work – please don’t do that – but we like mistakes. Mistakes mean that you’re pushing the boundaries without us telling you to (because we are not here to micro manage you). And we’d take a bet that a lot of the time, these mistakes turn into glorious assets.
- You beat the deadlines (or at least never miss then). We like people that utilise time to create killer results.
- You’ve got a desire to learn. And keep learning.
- If you’ve got photography/ any other skills worth noting then shout! No lost marks to any applicants who don’t – we just want to know the extent of your passions and talents. Don’t leave anything out!
- Flexible work, both in terms of your schedule and remote working opportunities – we know that commuting at rush hour sucks, and we know that every now and again, gaining some vitamin D whilst you work from a sun terrace is needed, and we’re all for it.
- Flexible holidays – hard work requires recharge time, and we’re flexible about how much you take and when.
- Flexibility on work location – as stated above, ohne has offices in both London and Lisbon and for the right candidate we’ll be willing to consider remote work!
- Team Outings
- Working alongside a team of young, passionate people who encourage, support and nurture one another.
Next steps: We’d love to know more about you so we need two things.
- Your portfolio, a website if you have one and links to any relevant social handles.
- A 2 minute video – we want to know a little more about you! Tell us who you are, where you’re based, what you love, and why you love to be creative. Add to YouTube, set it as “unlisted” so that nobody else has access to it and send us the link in your application. (We know making videos for job applications can suck, so we’ll never judge you for the glass of wine in the background or some unavoidable background noise! Just have fun with it.)
Send the above to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 29th May 2020
ohne is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status. We encourage applicants from marginalised communities and people who identify across the gender spectrum – uterus or not uterus, periods or no periods. All that matters is your passion.