want to join the ohne family?
Role: Operations Manager
Company: ohne LTD
Location: London or Lisbon
Application deadline: 14th February 2021
ohne is the hyper-personalised subscription service delivering products for the entire menstrual cycle. Techstars ’19 alumni, ohne has shipped over 1,000,000 period products and seen 230% revenue growth in the last 12 months. We’re now on the hunt for our next hire: Operations Manager to join our management team within the company, optimising all operational activities during a fast-paced scale.
The ideal candidate is a proven operational expert with a growth mindset who will thrive in a fast-moving startup ecosystem. You will be responsible for leading logistics growth and efficiency across the entire company (supply chain, logistics, inventory and fulfillment), holding all responsibility for ohne’s ability to scale and meet consumer demand. You should love partnering with teams across functions (marketing, finance and brand) to ensure that the operational side of the business is efficiently meeting the needs of the rest of the team. We are looking for an individual who is excited by the challenge of being part of a fast moving business, who has an active approach to problem solving and an ability to act quickly and effectively address any challenges that arise.
Supply chain management:
- Place purchase orders and chase up suppliers on status updates and delivery dates
- Identify and resolve supply chain issues and inefficiencies to avoid any impact on operations, customers and margin
- Manage the import of goods from abroad
- Manage new product launches in regards to logistics, production and distribution
- Monitor supplier performance
- Develop and optimise processes as the business scales to improve efficiency and operational margins
- Maintenance and analysis of business reports and information to aid in the basic decision making process of supply chain and operational needs, including weekly and monthly reports indicating full operational status
Inventory and order management:
- Manage supply and stock forecasting (including the preparation of weekly analysis on the available inventory vs forecasted demand)
- Work closely with the ohne tech team and play an important role in the design of future systems to support the growth of operations (e.g. inventory management, order management systems)
- Manage communication with Third Party Logistics Providers (3PL) related to the distribution network
- Optimise delivery times and increase operational efficiencies across order fulfillment, returns and more for our B2C and B2B channels
- Devise new strategies and design systems to maintain best in class warehousing and fulfillment operations
- Ensure that ohne operations adhere to the guidelines of our organic certifications with the soil association
- Manage the customer service team across all channels
- 4+ years experience and demonstrated past achievements in a fast-paced supply chain or operations role
- Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills combined with impeccable business judgement
- Strong experience with data and analytics tools
- Data driven and goal oriented, you measure success both qualitatively and quantitatively and understand the importance of both
- Constantly question the status quo and believe that there is a way that we can do better and continuously refine and improve our approaches
- Experience in the e-commerce industry, ideally leading operations for an omni-channel business
- Significant entrepreneurial drive, ability to create order from chaos, and willingness to roll up sleeves to directly solve challenging problems
- Able to execute today’s challenges while maintaining a forward thinking mindset around where we’ll be in 6 months, a year, and several years from now
- Experience working with a custom built e-commerce platform a distinct plus (regarding inventory management and order forecasting)
- Willingness to travel on occasion to build relationships with suppliers and visit our fulfilment centers.
Non-essential but nice to haves:
- Knowledge of key trends in the healthcare industry, particularly in women’s health
- Prior experience in a fast-growing startup environment.
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible work, both times and remote work – we know that commuting during rush hour sucks, and we know that every now and again, gaining some vitamin D whilst you work from a sun terrace is needed, and we’re all for it.
- Unlimited holidays – hard work requires recharge time, and we’re flexible about how much you take and when. We also enforce a company wide holiday day off once every month.
- Flexibility on work location – ohne has offices in both London and Lisbon. Ideally, the candidate will be based out of either office, but for the right person we can be flexible on this.
- Wellness package – budget for you to spend on you, every month.
- Team Trips (COVID allowing)
- Working alongside a team of young, passionate people who encourage, support and nurture one another.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with 3 things:
- An overview of why you’d be the perfect fit for the role
- Your CV
- A 2 minute video – we want to know a little more about you! Tell us who you are, where you’re based, what you love, about your relevant experience and why you’re perfect for this role. Either upload to Google Drive and send us a link, or upload to YouTube (you can set to private as long as we can view with the link) and send us the link. (We know making videos for job applications isn’t all that fun, so we’ll never judge you for the glass of wine in the background or some unavoidable background noise! Just have fun with it.)
Application deadline: 14th February 2021.
ohne is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We’re passionate about building strong, diverse teams built from different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives, and are committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.