Role: Front-end Engineer
Company: ohne LTD
Application deadline: rolling
ohne is the hyper-personalised membership service delivering products for the entire menstrual cycle. With a range of period products and cycle care products, ohne customers receive product deliveries bespoke to them along with resources and support to ensure every user has full autonomy over their entire cycle. ohne launched and became a Techstars alumni company in ‘19, and has shipped over 1.5 million products and seen over 100% revenue growth in the last 12 months. Backed by global venture funds, we’re now on the hunt for our next hire: a Front-end Engineer to lead front-end development on our new custom built e-commerce platform.
Our plans for 2021 and beyond are bold, and this is a chance to join a company in its early stages of growth to help shape some of the key technical modules of the core product offering. We’re looking for a passionate Front-End React developer to work closely with our marketing team, ops team and founders to forge growth through building innovative e-commerce digital products to provide our community with a seamless and fun shopping experience.
You’ll be the first in-house developer on the team, with access to and support from our current development partner, a first-class development and product studio based in Lisbon. One of your initial projects will involve stress testing our new custom built e-commerce platform from a customer perspective and supporting the marketing team with the various product launches coming up this summer.
In this role you’ll be a self-starter, constantly seeking to optimise the customer experience and touch points across the ohne website, and excited to work across the team to implement your game changing strategies. You’ve got perseverance (without an ego) and grit and are excited to be the first in-house tech hire at an early stage startup, complete with the buzz, mistakes, chaos and huge wins! Above all, you’re passionate about creating authentic positive change for women (and people that bleed) as well as the planet.
In a nutshell, this is what you’ll own in the role:
- The Front End Development across our custom e-commerce platform.
- SEO and Analytics on our sites from a development perspective.
- Building front-end features that amaze customers with personalised experiences.
- Oversight of the martech tools we use to understand customer behaviours and changes.
This is what you’ll get up to in your first three months with us:
- Taking an enthusiastic and proactive approach to learning our platform and supporting us with any issues in the early days of the platform’s launch.
- Completing a thorough deep-dive into our codebase and gaining a solid understanding of our development process.
- Confidently completing sprints using the correct syntax and methodology.
- Building features such as templates, landing pages, delivery search tools and being able to A/B test these according to the strategy applied with the marketing team.
- Building new product and marketing pages and collaborating with the marketing team to ensure they are ready for new launches.
- Testing and evaluating changes made to the site.
- Troubleshooting and debugging.
- Working with 3rd party tools to improve the e-commerce experience for our customers across the platform including all membership benefits and features.
- Cross-browser testing.
- Enabling international expansion by adapting our systems for other currencies and languages.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work across the front-end stack (React & Gatsby) to deliver quality, maintainable code.
- Collaborate and learn with our development partner to launch and test new features on the front-end.
- Work closely with the marketing team to test new features, analyse success of e-commerce features and build robust and innovative front-end experiences.
- Ensure best practices, standards and tooling are used.
You’ve read this far! Now here’s what we need from you:
- At minimum 2 years of experience with React
- An understanding of SEO and Analytics.
- Well-versed in version control tools (GIT).
- Experience working with design software such as Figma and/or Sketch.
- An ability to understand common UX patterns with an ability to identify and mitigate UX design risks early in the development process.
- Use your extreme attention to detail to spot errors both in your code and on our website.
- Use your initiative to source opportunities for continuous improvement in your own work and in team processes.
- Use your excellent time management abilities to prioritise daily tasks in accordance with overarching company goals.
- Having a keen eye for design and usability; working with our design and product teams to build best-in-class front-end experiences.
- Keeping concerns such as accessibility, responsiveness and performance at the forefront of our product development, ensuring that we build products that are a pleasure to use for everyone, everywhere.
- (preferred) Experience in a fast growing consumer facing e-commerce subscription company.
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited holidays on top of your 28 days off – hard work requires recharge time, and we’re flexible about how much you take (as long as it’s more than 28 days!) and when. We also enforce a company wide holiday day off once every month.
- Wellness package – budget for you to spend on you, every month.
- Flexibility work locations – ohne started as a London-centric company, but continued to hire the best talent regardless of location. This means you have freedom to choose your work location (assuming core hours are in a similar time zone). You can join small teams in Lisbon or London, or choose a location to suit you! If you’d like one, we’ll make sure we provide you with a co-working space/ office space wherever you choose to be.
- Flexible work, both times and remote work – we know that commuting during rush hour sucks wherever you are, and we know that every now and again, gaining some vitamin D whilst you work from a sun terrace is needed, and we’re all for it. You can move around as much as you like.
- Work policies that actually care about you as an individual and have your best interests at their core.
- Team Trips (COVID allowing).
- Working alongside a team of young, passionate people who encourage, support and nurture one another.
Still here? Next steps:
Send Nikki an email at email@example.com and include:
- A short cover letter telling us about why you’re great for this role and a little bit about yourself.
- Your CV
- Your portfolio or 2-3 projects you’ve worked on/lead that you are particularly proud of
Note: please include the role you are applying for in the subject line.
Application deadline: rolling deadline
ohne is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We’re passionate about building strong, diverse teams built from different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives, and are committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.