Your privacy is always important to us and we promise to keep your data safe and secure. Just so you’re clued in, here’s why we need it and how we use it.
What information do we collect?
When you place an order, subscribe to a subscription or subscribe to our newsletter, we collect information from you. Where relevant, you may be asked for your: name, contact information, email address, birthday, credit/debit card information and billing address, shipping address and phone number. You may also be asked for other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers. However, you may also visit our site anonymously.
If you do have a subscription with us, we automatically collect data on your menstrual cycle (which tampon you use, how often your period is, and what mix of absorbencies you use).
What do we use your information for?
The information that you provide to us may be used in any of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience with OHNE. By providing us with your information, we are able to respond more accurately to your individual requirements and improve our products and services.
- To process transactions and keep you updated on your subscription (for example, when your box has been dispatched).
- To send periodic emails. The email address that you provide will be used to send you updates regarding your orders and to provide you with promotional information, special offers or information which we think you may find interesting.
- To improve customer service. With your information, we are able to effectively respond to your customer service requests and any support needs you may require.
- To improve our website. We are continually striving to improve our website and product offerings based on information and feedback that we receive from you.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research reasons and customer feedback in order to improve our services and customise our website according to your interests.
How do we protect your information?
OHNE is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We have put in place the relevant physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure any information that we collect online, in order to prevent unauthorised access or any disclosures of information.
The data we collect from you is stored in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) but may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside of the EEA (but still compliant with EU data protection laws). It may also be processed by staff operating outside of the EEA. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
Your passwords are stored in encrypted form. We do not disclose your account details, postal or email addresses to anyone except when legally required to do so.
Please note, we do not store any credit or debit card details.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. They enable the site or service providers systems to recognise your browser and view and remember certain information. They also allow web applications to respond to you as an individual and can tailor their operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
The only third parties who may on occasion have access to information are the postal delivery service who simply gain the delivery address, and the parties we work with who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you. We will only work with third parties whose Privacy Policies match the high standards of the one in practice by OHNE and that comply with all UK and EU data protection laws.
For law compliance reasons, to protect the rights of ourselves or others, to enforce our site policies or for safety reasons, OHNE may be requested to release information.
Part of OHNE’s social mission is to better understand and improve women’s periods in the UK and worldwide. We anonymise customer data and analyse trends from the data to better understand women’s menstrual health and to deliver the best possible customer experience. OHNE reserves the right to share or sell anonymsed data where the insights can positively contribute to the greater understanding of women’s health. OHNE will never share or sell non-anonymsed customer data to third parties that are not directly involved in our business.
Links to other websites
How do I change or delete my data?
You have the right to ask us what personal data OHNE holds about you. You also have the right to update or edit your personal data, or to ask us to delete your data if you chose no longer to be a customer. For enquiries, please contact us at ineedyou@OHNE.co.
Terms and Conditions
Please see our Terms and Conditions section.